Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Intensity Pro Capture...

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Greg BurkeIntensity Pro Capture...
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:35:04 am

Hey all Im using the Intensty pro Card to capture Xbox footage into my Tower(MacPro)...However the lack of recording options puzzles me...

The Format options are

Apple Proress
Uncompressed 8-bit
DVCPRO HD

My partner has a PC(windows) with the same setup but he has better capture options (H.264)) witch saves a huge amount of hard drive space, why don't I have these options?

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joshua HellingRe: Intensity Pro Capture...
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:21:40 pm

Media Express can only capture h.264 if it is attached to a H.264 Pro Recorder or an ATEM TVStudio. These options will only be possible with the H.264 device connected. Then you need to select it from the device menu option.

But the Intensity Pro by itself will not be able to do that. Both DVCPro HD and ProRes are very small footprint. DVCProHD is 100Mb/second 12.5MB/second. ProRes is a little higher around 18MB/second.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Etienne MareRe: Intensity Pro Capture...
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 8:17:23 pm

Hi
I work on a quad core mac pro, with intensity pro installed. Would the H264 Pro Recorder be of any benefit if i want to stream live?
Etienne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Etienne MareRe: Intensity Pro Capture...
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:10:48 pm

Hi Joshua
Just another quick question: Jan Ozer (streamingmedia) reports that he experienced problems with 16:9 SD footage thru the H264 Pro Recorder
quote:
When I tested native encoding of 1080p footage, both the resolution and aspect ratio were correct. When I encoded 4:3 SD footage, the Pro Recorder produced the video at 720x480 resolution at a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0, rather than the required .9091, which made the footage about 10 percent fatter than it should be. With 16:9 footage, the encoded file was still 720x480 with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0, rather than 1.2121, making the video look too skinny. This was so even after I checked the Use Anamorphic SD 16:9 option in the Pro Recorder preferences dialog
Has this issue been addressed and sorted out?
Regards

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]