Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Pro: App to do Webcam emulation

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kris LinquistBlackmagic Intensity Pro: App to do Webcam emulation
by on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:00:27 pm

I've got a Blackmagic Intensity Pro on a Windows machine that I need to be recognized as a webcam (for an app that only allows video input from webcams).

I've tried many different webcam splitting/emulation apps (Manycam, VH Multi, SplitCam, Webcam Splitter Pro) and they all show a black screen when I select the Decklink Video Capture (I am configuring it for my input res/framerate in each app: 720p@60 - this setting never seems to get saved, but perhaps that is a different issue).

I can see my video input using both Media Express and Adobe Flash Encoder, so it seems to be some incompatibility between how these webcam emulation apps talk to the Intensity.

Does anyone have any ideas or known webcam emulators that work with the Intensity Pro?

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt PfingstenRe: Blackmagic Intensity Pro: App to do Webcam emulation
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:12:54 pm

Sorry for the necro-post, but...

I'm having the same issue with UltraStudio SDI. Ustream Producer will see it fine, but other webcam-based apps will not. We managed to get Skype to see the BM card but only if we gave it an SD NTSC signal.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kris LinquistRe: Blackmagic Intensity Pro: App to do Webcam emulation
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:33:30 pm

I was able to get it to work via quite the hack.. I'm using VideoBlaster Pro to stream from the Blackmagic to a virtual webcam. My app still wouldn't get a picture from the VideoBlaster's virtual webcam, so I am then using Webcam Splitter Pro to "echo" VB's virtual webcam to another virtual webcam.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]