Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

FCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bryan FowlerFCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:57:06 pm

Hi guys.

I'm running 2 monitors from my mac pro, and a broadcast monitor hooked up to my Decklink Extreme HD card.

I was hoping to use the Extended desktop as a temporary fix for viewing FCPX footage on my broadcast monitor. Unfortunately FCPX only offers the "second" monitor as a place to put the viewer or event browser. So it always ends up going to my 2nd cinema display, and not the "extended monitor" from deckling (my broadcast monitor)

Does anyone know a way to force FCPX to use the extended desktop as if it were the 2nd monitor? Aside from unplugging my cinema display?

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob ZelinRe: FCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:22:19 am

you just won't accept that FCP X does not support any external hardware from Blackmagic, AJA, Matrox or MOTU. Do you understand that there is no support for FCP X from any of these products, and that having extended desktop is just a minor luxury workaround ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bryan FowlerRe: FCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:08:43 pm

Bob...

If I unplug my 2nd monitor, (the 2nd cinema display), then It FCPX acts the way I want it to. It shows on the Decklink Extended Desktop.

I want it to do that, and keep my 2nd physical monitor running.

---

I apologize if by some way my post (as far as I know, the first one on this topic, and certainly the first one from me) insulted you, and led you to believe I had been told multiple times that what I'm asking for doesn't work. This is in fact my first post on the subject, and what I'm asking for is not too far off what is already happening.

Do you have some experience with FCPX a Decklink Card and 2 monitors that you can share?

(Also, I don't have AJA, Matrox or MOTU, nor did I ask about it in this Decklink forum question)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John PaleRe: FCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 3:32:22 pm

You can't.
FCP x has no mechanism to select monitors. It only understands one and two monitor setups.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joshua HellingRe: FCPX - Extended Desktop plus 2 monitors - Decklink Extreme HD
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:26:43 pm

Unfortunately there is not a way for us to control the order in which the monitors are enumerated on the system. But typically it's enumerated by board. So if you have two monitors on the main graphics board that's connection 1 and 2. The Decklink board makes 3. I think FCPX just looks at port 2 for the external monitor feature.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]