Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Philip Glenni7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 11, 2009 at 2:15:17 am

Is there an i7 motherboard that is compatible with Blackmagic Design's Intensity Pro. I am currently planning to build a video editor for my church. I have seen 2 x58 chipset motherboards on Blackmagic's site that list incompatibilites. (http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=193).

I am interested in purchasing the Rampage II Extreme.(http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=179&l3=815&l4=0&model=2619&modelm...)

Will this motherboard work?

Any help would be appreciated!

PS. I will be using CS4 and including 6GB mem, 3TB - Raid 5, Vista 64-bit, & GeForce GTX 285 1GB.

I expect this to last at least 1 - 3 years.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George SeyRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 11, 2009 at 5:45:25 am

Well I have Intel Core 2 Quad I7 920 Asus P6T Mainboard 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM,ATI HD4890 1G and another one with the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R. The work almost the same. But for precaution use CS3 for the church or you might regret due to the crashes.
I use CS3 and at times 6.5(With Canopus) for the church projects and always on time.
Get the version that is trusted or you will lose face in the church.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Philip GlennRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:58:20 am

How are you using this board (P6T) when Blackmagic says it doesnt work? Here is a response from BM. Pretty much what the website says.

Hello Philip,

I am hoping you have not bought an Intensity card or the P6T yet. As
Intensity is a x1 lane PCIe card, we have found that none of our x1 lane
PCIe cards will work on this motherboard. The x4 lane cards should be fine,
just not the x1 lane cards.

Here is a link to the support page with details about the P6T.
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=193

Regards,

Albert Chu
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Inc.
http://www.blackmagic-design.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Néstor CrovettoRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:35:23 pm

I am using an Asus P6T WS with DeckLink Studio. So far I've only done some tests and small editions, with CS4 in Vista64, everything seems to work fine.

Néstor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Philip GlennRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:02:55 pm

Nestor,

Is the board with the 6 PCIx slots? I am a little concerned how its working on your board with BM says it should not work. Are you using the workstation Asus motherboard?

I appreciate the assistance. I am debating between the Gigabyte X58 or the Asus P6T6. I would love to get the P6T6 but I have more confidence in compatibility with the Gigabyte X58.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Néstor CrovettoRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:43:10 pm

The motherboard is Asus P6T WS Professional, it has two PCI_X slots, but DeckLink Studio is in the PCI_EX_1 slot. Magically perhaps, but still works well.
Not tested in HD, but I can capture 10-bit SD PAL (DigitalBetacam SDI) and multi-channel playback without drop frames, from the internal RAID 0 (4x1TB SATA). I am very confident that will continue to function well, but has not yet had an intensive use.

I hope these data will be useful.

Néstor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George SeyRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 9:25:59 pm

With the CS4-Intensity Pro Vista 64 drivers, the crashes are too rampant. But with CS3 no problems on these boards. So I use firewire with the CS4 until the driver issue improves. If you have any doubts then go for Q9650 since your load might not be all that intensive.

With regards to Black Magic Designs, they need to update their specs

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex GrigRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Apr 18, 2009 at 2:01:29 pm

ASUS P6T WS PRO, XPx64, 12 Gb memory,
Adobe CS4, Fusion5.3 - all works fine with Intensity.
No problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward CoyleRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on May 17, 2009 at 4:42:54 am

I'm testing the Blackmagic Intensity Pro on a brand new machine built on an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 board. Running Vista64, I've installed the latest drivers for the Intensity, the latest BIOS for the motherboard, and updated Adobe Premier to 4.0.1 (for Blackmagic compatibility). So far, I've only gotten audio from the capture (capturing through Component Video at standard def, 16x9) Did you guys do anything special settings-wise to get it to capture the video correctly? I'm only getting black.

Just to confirm, I also have mine plugged into the PCIe x1 port on the board, and audio is coming in through the card perfectly.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

PANOS STAVROULISRe: i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 1:29:03 am

Hi there.i work fine with intensity in p6t.its fit on pci express 16 slot or in the second free display card slot.It works for preview hdmi and rgb.it also update slow motion quick motion and fields changes to real time.vista 64,proc 920,12 g ram.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bri GeeBlackmagic i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Jun 1, 2009 at 7:22:30 pm

Regarding i7 motherboard compatibility with Blackmagic systems, I can confirm the following. I own 4 Blackmagic cards, a Multi-Bridge pro, two older PCI decklink cards and have been testing a newer Blackmagic Decklink Studio card PCIE x1.

The Blackmagic Multibridge does work very well fitted into the Intel DX58SO and basic testing of the older Blackmagic PCI cards suggests that they also work fine.

I can confirm that with the latest firmware (4014 ) in the DX58SO, the Decklink Studio PCIE x 1 card does not work. My experience is that the DX58SO will not sometimes even post ( get into a working windows environment ).

I really hope Intel or Blackmagic can resolve this, and I am very curious to know who has deviated from the PCIE x1 specification to create a situation where two respected manufacturers no longer talk to one another on a standard, well established interface. Other mobo manufacturers use Intel Chipsets ( the Asus P6 uses the X58 with ICH10 ) possibly explaining its officially stated incompatibility also.

On a further note, and this sometime is sometimes not spelled out to new users, it is essential for ( Blackmagic ) owners to fit a high quality graphics card ( eg Nvidia / ATI etc ) along with a 2 or more disk Raid 0 to their system to ensure trouble free operation. In built motherboard graphics will not work for video applications.

Out of necessity two weeks ago I recorded 270Mb/s SD 625 uncompressed for 1-2 hour recordings with no issue at all onto a single 7200 RPM 500 GB SATA using a low spec HP desktop fitted with an Nvidia 9600. I do not recommend this style of operation in any way but it can work if you have to ( ie budget / time etc ). Without the graphics card, this system / Media Express would not of ingested a single frame.

Brian

BBCWST
Dhaka
Bangladesh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel QuinnRe: Blackmagic i7 Processor/Motherboard compatibility
by on Oct 12, 2009 at 8:47:38 pm

Newly installed Blackmagic Multibridge Pro works fine on the below system, latest drivers and firmware. Funnily enough though I had some nice issues using FME 2.5, it wouldn't see the audio properly, went to 3.0 and it worked fine

Asus P6T Deluxe
Asus GTX285

Vista 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]