Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Media Express capture codecs

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
ThomasMedia Express capture codecs
by on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:45:59 pm

1. Will the new Media Express application with the 1.2 drivers capture to the jpeg codec?

2. Will the application output the same jpeg files?

3. When capturing RGB which I think is a new feature of 1.2 does this use a special 10bit Blackmagic codec or is it the normal 8bit "None" codec standard with Windows?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ThomasRe: Media Express capture codecs
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:25:05 pm

No info on the new capture program?

I would like to know what it can do since there is little to no information on the website or in the help file. I do not use Premiere but I do a lot of motion graphics stuff and I need to know what kind of formats the capture program can use so I can capture different formats to use in After Effects as well as some of my own custom motion graphics software.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kristian LamRe: Media Express capture codecs
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 9:51:03 pm

Hi,

Blackmagic Media Express captures to MJPEG and Uncompressed 8-bit on Windows. On the Mac, it will capture to JPEG, Uncompressed 8-bit and DVCPRO HD.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard SquiresRe: Media Express capture codecs
by on Sep 15, 2008 at 1:44:21 am

What are the SD Playback codecs for Blackmagic Media Express. I tried DVCPro pal SD and it doesn't seem to work. I have an SD monitor and an HD monitor and I can view DVCProHD fine on the HD one. I just get a non sync display if I try to playback HD on the external monitor.

all the best

rich

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]