Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Arwa MerchantLuke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 19, 2005 at 10:21:10 pm

Hello Luke I've been following your thread with Chris Davies from the UK and has been really quite helpful. Thank You.
Well, I'm trying to output my native HDV sequence to digibeta, which is at present in a Black Magic HDTV 1080i50 - HDV easy setup sequence.
I have a Decklink Plus card and unfortunately, I cant get a video output. I'm getting audio through my SDI cable, but no video. I made sure that video playback is set to BlackMagic HDTV 25Hz - 10bit (1920x1080).
I'm set to all frames in FCP. In the Decklink prefpane "all outputs are active". And i can't think of why this would not output. My Digibeta deck is also set corrctly to accept SDI.
Oh yes, here's something interesting, when I hit play on the timeline and record on my deck, it'll record the audio, but when I print to video, I dont get audio nor video recorded.

Please do let me know, if you or anyone else can think of why I can't get an output. Thank You.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve ConnorRe: Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 20, 2005 at 11:27:46 am

Have you set downconversion to on?

Steve Connor
Cardinal HD

Please fill in your profile - it helps US to help YOU!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Luke MaslenRe: Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 21, 2005 at 1:32:18 am

Hi Steve,

The DeckLink Plus card is a standard definition card bundled with the Multibridge SD. Down conversion is automatically enabled when playing out HD material and therefore there is no switch to enable or disable down conversion. The switch is present in the DeckLink HD series cards.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Luke MaslenRe: Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 21, 2005 at 1:30:35 am

Hi Arwa,

What is the source of your HDV material? Specifically, which camera or deck are you using and is the source HD1080 or HD720?

The fact that you are receiving audio but not video via SDI is very strange as video must be present for audio to work. This is because SDI uses video with embedded audio. If there is no video, then there is no signal in to which the audio can embed and so you would hear nothing at the Digibeta.

Can you please try a new Blackmagic PAL project in FCP, and then play out PAL bars & tone. Can you see the video and hear the audio at the deck?

Now create a new Blackmagic HDTV1080i50 HDV project in FCP, and then play out HD1080i50 bars and tone. Can you see the video and hear the audio at the deck?

The DeckLink Plus card is a standard definition card and so down conversion will be enabled automatically. HD1080i50 will automatically downconvert to PAL.

Your answers to the tests above will help to narrow down the problem.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Arwa MerchantRe: Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 21, 2005 at 5:45:39 am

Thanks Luke,

I'll test puttting down bars and tone and seeing what i get. My source is HDV 1080i. I should also mention, I rendered out a smalll portion as a 10 bit uncompressed file, and plopped that into a 10 bit uncompressed sequence and I had the same results, i.e, no video, just audio.

Will let you know in a day. Thanks for your help.

-Arwa

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Arwa MerchantRe: Luke please help - HDV edit master to Digibeta
by on Nov 21, 2005 at 12:12:09 pm

We used the Sony HVR Z1E to shoot and used the Sony HVR M10E deck to digitize.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]