Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Need Camera Light Recommendations

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Martin VeronaNeed Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 11:02:15 am

Hi All,

I am shooting with the Panasonic AG AC130 and need to add a new video light. My old light from my PD150 days is a NRG 50w light that runs off those old large shoulder batteries. Are there LED lights out there under $200 that would do a good job without the need for the large shoulder battery or a battery belt?

Thanks

"Memories of today, Recorded for tomorrow."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: Need Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 7:19:18 pm

Totally LED's rock the house. I like- http://www.litepanels.com/

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill BrunerRe: Need Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 21, 2012 at 10:50:58 pm

Martin - the Litepanels are good, ad use AA batteries, but they are pretty expensive. The Fancier/Cowboy Studios made in China lights get good reviews, use camcorder batteries as well as AA batteries, and are a lot less expensive.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave HaynieRe: Need Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 4:21:11 am

Agreed. I have a Cowboy Studios CN-160... you can get two for under $100, and have plenty of money left over for beer or AA cells. And yeah, it'll take a couple of different camcorder batteries as well, though nothing I own :-(. The panel is fine, comes with diffuser and color "gels" (well, they're hard plastic, but do diffuse and/or change your color temp), and there's a dimmer. There's also an LED battery gauge, which is pretty handy.

I'm not much of a light guy... I hate shooting in artificial (on-camera) light. But when you can't avoid it, you need something or you don't get the shot. I was more than willing to give one of these a try, before plunking down three-or-more bills on a similar Litepanel unit.

-Dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Martin VeronaRe: Need Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 10:24:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with the
Bescor LED-70 Dimmable 70W Video & DSLR Light?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill BrunerRe: Need Camera Light Recommendations
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:04:19 am

[Martin Verona] "Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with the Bescor LED-70 Dimmable 70W Video & DSLR Light?"

Martin - I don't have any experience with the Bescor, but I do have this 70 LED light - and I can tell you from experience that 70 LEDs don't produce enough light for most situations. If I had it to do over, I would get one of the 160 LED lights recommended above.

Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 6:25:55 pm

Bought the 160 and the Bigger Bescor (125W ). Both are a bit flimsy. They are lighter then my old lights and no shoulder battery involved either. I will see how ell they work out.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 12, 2012 at 8:16:08 pm

Used the CN160 and the Bescor 125W. Both of them did very well. Shot an entire 6 hour reception on just one set of batteries for each light. No heavy shoulder batteries any more. The 160 matched with my Panny AC130 was excellent.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]