Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Creative COWCOW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 12:00:00 am

Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW

Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Shane RossRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 7:22:59 pm

Wow! Unexpected! This is like Steve Jobs leaving Apple. The Cow IS Ron Lindeboom.

Get well. Godspeed.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Bill DavisRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:08:34 pm

Absolutely,

Nothing else matters if you have to go through life in a constant battle against personal discomfort.

Focus on your health - we'll all be pulling for you.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 6:11:24 am

To the builder of the biggest online family.

Neurotics Build Castles in The Sky,
Psychotics Live in Them
But the Geniuses, They invite the neighbors in.

Thanks for building this wonderful castle and inviting us in.
Take care of your ears. There's still so much joyful clangorous chatter for you to hear.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Nicholas FranklynRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 4:45:31 pm

god speed! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nick GriffinRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:08:15 pm

Now it's public knowledge that COW co-founder Ron Lindeboom is stepping down from day to day activities. We can only wish him the best in his attempts to better control his health issues and hope that he's back full time with us soon.

In the meantime we should all reflect on just exactly what Ron & Kathleen created. For many of us it was first the WWUG (Worldwide User Group) in the later part of the nineties. The Lindeboom's created a social media community long before Facebook was even a dorm room dream. For this and the COW that followed I, for one, am unceasingly grateful and in awe of their prescient vision. What a gift to us all! Thank you Ron. Thank you Kathleen.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

John RofranoRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:17:49 pm

Sorry to hear that health troubles have gotten that bad. I know how much the COW means to Ron but without our health, we have nothing. Focus on getting better Ron.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob ZelinRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:22:12 pm

the analogy to Facebook is accurate - Creative Cow is Facebook for the professional video industry.
Creative Cow changed everything for communication and marketing for the pro video business.
Since the late 70's I can remember all the magazines and publications that we were flooded with - Ron Lindeboom changed this all almost single handedly. Ron as important to video publication and the changes that he made, as AVID is to changing the editing business.

I am forever grateful for everything that you have done.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Don GreeningRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:48:33 pm

Bob (and others) hit the nail on the head. Ron was and continues to be a visionary in the truest sense of the word. I feel privileged to be part of this COW community that Ron has started. For me it has indeed become a shining path to enlightenment. Anything I can personally do to help the cause and I'll be there.

Cheers, Ron

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:43:47 pm

Ron,

We are all indebted to you for what you have created and given to the world of media professionals. My personal involvement in the COW has been rewarding professionally and is one of my favorite hobbies. I visit the COW and am surrounded by friends, most of whom I have never met face to face.

I wish you all the best in your health and overall well being. See your Facebook page for more.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 11:46:15 pm

Get well, Ron!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph W. BourkeRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 3:32:24 pm

As everyone above has said - get well! If you can focus the intensity you've put into the Cow over the years on your health, there's nothing you can't do!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the chance to help the up and coming crop of talent, and learn at the same time. You're a great asset to the world of media production!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SacciRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 4:42:11 pm

The Creative Cow is an amazing place. It has been a pleasure to be associated with it for 6 or 7 years. I get a kick out of people that think they can build something that will compete with the Cow, it is truly unique, the timing and execution was perfect. It is one of the greatest resources available for the creative professional.

Wishing you all the best Ron. Get health. Rest assured that the Cow goes on, not in spite of you leaving but because you where here to begin with.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 7:53:52 pm

I live "off the grid" (i.e., the last person not on Facebook), so I will have to leave my brief comment here.

We should all strive to make the world a better place than when we found it. Ron has done that, and continues to do so... in spades.

For that... thank you, Ron.

Nuff said.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob DixRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:17:15 pm

I do not use Facebook , so good health Ron in retirement, you gave me a hospitable greeting when I started with Cow.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy StintonRe: A giant "retires"
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:33:08 pm

What can I say that has not been already said. Ron get better come back and kick some worldwide butt. I hear that RIM is looking for some help :)

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rick LangRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 1:38:05 am

Ron, you have hundreds and hundreds of people saying a prayer for you. May their admiration and love help you during this difficult time. Blessings.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary SlickmanRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 6:26:37 pm

Count me as one who is most grateful for your inspiration, innovation, intelligence and infusion of energy into the creative community of the world. Your contribution and positive vibrations will continue to resonate and influence long into the future.

Sincere wishes for the strength and resilience to overcome your health challenges.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Afsheen AzizRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:11:08 pm

Thanks for all you have done.

Best wishes for the future.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Maxx FordhamThanks and Good Luck
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 3:51:21 am

Thanks for having a helpful site, Ron. I imagine that your wife will do a good job in taking over for you. Good luck in your healing process.

Happy Flag Day from June 14 just barely, and happy Father's Day this Sunday.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Afsheen AzizRe: Thanks and Good Luck
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:17:51 pm

Thanks for having a helpful site, Ron. I imagine that your wife will do a good job in taking over for you. Good luck in your healing process.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim HinesWOW! Rock on Ron Lindeboom
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 2:42:40 pm

Best wishes where ever life may be taking you. Thanks for the Cow.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: WOW! Rock on Ron Lindeboom
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 5:26:39 pm

Wow- thanks for everything Ron. The Cow helped me launch my career and also helped me meet my wife! Here's to the Cow going on for a long time in Ron's honor. Much love and thanks- you will be missed around these pastures.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

David CherniackRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 7:34:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your ear infections. Hopefully you'll take it easy and use some of your additional time to continue to bring your expertise (and opinions :) to the forums.

Best of Everything,
David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary MilliganRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 8:58:27 pm

The COW is a pasture where I graze almost daily - thank you so much for that and its predecessor, the WWUG where I first "met" you almost 12 years ago. I wish you a speedy recovery and the best of everything as you continue your journey.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kylee WallRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 10:58:36 pm

Ron, thanks for all you've done in creating and maintaining Creative COW. I wouldn't be the video professional I am today without this community.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 6:16:56 pm

I only touched basis with Ron on e-mail, but I know him more from the result of his work. I found the Cow to be a creative place, a hang out place, a community of my kind of people, a place where I can give and get in return knowledge, experience and inspiration. I got my current job through the Cow.
Many thanks and good luck to Ron.
May the COW always graze the fields of creativity.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom SeftonRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 12:46:02 pm

Ron,

You have created something truly wonderful in the Creative Cow.

Thank You.

I hope your health improves in the future. With best wishes and much love.

Tom Sefton.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 3:24:35 pm

Nobody knows how well Apple will do after Steve Jobs. But the COW is in good hands, I am convinced, since Ron hand-picked a very competent, tight, and loyal crew. He's left it in the best of hands, and the people I've met here are all great folks in their own right.

Let me add my name to the very long list of folks who are extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this endeavor in some small way. It has brought me knowledge, friends, and work, when I needed each the most. It's like Ron and Kathlyn have been my silent partners in all my successes, and the wonderful moderators and experts here, my personal "brain trust" of people who help each other and are helped in turn, all for the simple, crazy reason that we're all in this together, and it's the human thing to do. Heck, this place and it's regulars has become like a second family to me.

Our prayers and best wishes for a cure go out to Ron, and it is my fervent hope that from time to time, when he gets a moment, we get to see him pop in and out here and there, cruising the forums in the Great Conversation that is The one and only Creative Community Of The World.

Kudos to you, sir, and eternal respect.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Wayne MarxRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 8:03:06 pm

May I add my small note of gratitude to yourself, Ron, and your entire team here at the COW - including all the Team Leaders ---- this has been an invaluable resource that I check almost daily and has saved me
many a production tragedy.

May you return to full health [and the COW] speedily!

Wayne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aindreas GallagherRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:25:39 pm

just read this - me too, I'm truly sorry to hear of the man's health troubles.
I still remember the cow first appearing for AE, it was such a welcome thing, and god but you knew it was coming from the right place.

there really is just a feel to the place - and that's himself ultimately isn't it? If you're stumped and you need to ask something, you go to the Cow -
at this point, if I even just google the software query as a question - then google itself tells me to go on to the Cow.

Nár Lagaí Dia thú.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Herb SevushRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:13:47 pm

Like others on this forum I am facebook free, so I will leave my thoughts here, in this cyber land that Ron created.

It seems doubly cruel for Ron, who is a passionate lover of music, to have an illness that affects his hearing. So I wish him well and leave this quote that I first saw on a friends refrigerator door.

"Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.

Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but
for the heart to conquer it.”

― Rabindranath Tagore

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dustin ParsonsRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:30:39 am

Thank you for everything! I've learned so much more from the forums here than ANYWHERE else, including college. Thank you again for creating a place for our community to gather – for me, there's nothing like it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

John LivingsRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:33:30 pm

Hey Ron,

Thanks for all you have done.

Best wishes for the future.

Regards, John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex HawkinsRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 5:19:17 am

I don't have Facebook so I will just say here that the gratitude and respect I owe Ron and Kathlyn for setting up, building and making the COW what it is today is unpayable and I simply could not do my job properly without it.

God bless you Ron. I thank you and sincerely wish you the best of health for the future as well as prosperity and peace in all you set your hand to. Your achievements thus far have been remarkable and unparalleled.

I salute you sir.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul ThurstonRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:55:43 am

I have to add that before Creative COW, it was difficult to get timely information on anything. Now it's not. Thank you Ron for making that happen.

-----------------------------------------------
Paul Thurston
Producer
Chile

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sascha EngelRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:29:25 pm

Hi Ron,

I am sorry to hear of your health problems. That is first priority - get better asap!
Thanx for all the work you did and the doors you opened.
COW saved my life & work many a times and I learned a big part of my knowledge through your genius inventions.
May the Force be with You and your health back to 100% in no time.

Big Hug and all the Best!

Sascha

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

charles meadowsRe: COW Newsletter: Ronald Lindeboom retires from Creative COW
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:36:48 am

Thanks Ron. All the best.

Charles Meadows
Creative Director
Incubate Productions
http://www.incubatevideo.co.za

Return to posts index