Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Low light lenses for HMC-40?

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dan AngeloroLow light lenses for HMC-40?
by on May 13, 2011 at 5:01:21 am

This might have been covered already, but I'll ask anyway.

I have filmed a few things with this camera, and so far it is giving me mostly what I want. But, as I'm sure is the usual complaint with it, the graininess and gain in low light settings (especially when the actors have dark clothes on) is very frustrating.

I'm new to lenses and filters right now, so I'm slowly learning. Now, is there a lens out there or a known "trick" to help this camera achieve better results and not have as much "fuzziness" when filming in dark spots or on dark clothes? And if there are lenses out there designed for this reason, are they relatively inexpensive?

Just a quick Q. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Uli PlankRe: Low light lenses for HMC-40?
by on May 13, 2011 at 8:43:30 am

Does that camera have interchangeable lenses at all?

If so, try photographic glass, the best is Nokton 25mm 0,95, very fast glass, but expensive and in high demand.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: Low light lenses for HMC-40?
by on May 14, 2011 at 4:03:07 am

Yeah um huh- that's a fixed lens camera isn't it? No lens would do anything...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Uli PlankRe: Low light lenses for HMC-40?
by on May 14, 2011 at 9:04:41 am

Yeah, it just looked it up. Sorry, you can have sunglasses (ND), but no night vision (photomultiplier?) …

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]