Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Scene File

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
john stewartScene File
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 8:33:00 pm

Can anyone give me any pointers what to set my HMC-150 on? I looking for film like features was wondering what Matrix, Skin tone TL and other should be set at.

Thanks

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gord StephenRe: Scene File
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:55:56 am

Hi John,

Are you planning on colour grading in post, or do you want to get film-like images right out of the camera? I would really recommend getting a flat image out of the camera and then making the colours look the way you want them to after the fact, when you'll have more control over (and ability to change your mind about) the way everything looks.

I shoot with with the CINE-D scene file (F6 on the scene file knob) for increased dynamic range, and then color grade in After Effects. CINE-V (F5) is supposed to provide a more contrasty, film-like look - but even then you'll want to do some work on the image in post to get it to pop.

If you really want to, you can push your in-camera image settings further than the presets - but you're going to be cutting out image information that you could preserve for the time being and gain more flexibility in post. Here's some interesting reading on the different settings if you want to go that route - but my reccomendation is just to get a flat, flexible image out of the camera and worry about achieving a look that you want in post.

Hope that helps,

Gord

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

john stewartRe: Scene File
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:24:28 am

yes it does, thank you.

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook