Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

optical image stabilization on the HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic GH Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Trevor Wardoptical image stabilization on the HMC150
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 6:14:29 pm

My OIS on my new HMC150 seems to be a bit weird. I've noticed that if it's on and i'm zooming and panning at the same time, the image jumps. So to isolate this "problem" I tried just panning. And sure enough, the image jumps as the OIS is working. If the OIS is off, the image doesn't jump. I've repeated the test several times with it off or on and it's consistent.

My DVX100 OIS was only barely noticeable. I repeated the same tests with my 100 and it doesn't do what my 150 does. It's so bad I'm thinking something is wrong with the camera. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm starting to NOT like my 150.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: optical image stabilization on the HMC150
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 7:10:35 pm

Are you on a tripod? Then turn the OIS off. OIS works best for handheld shots without zooming. Once you start introducing multiple axes of movement it can get confused.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]