Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

HMC-150 Audio Sync Problems...still

COW Forums : Panasonic GH Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
William CaninoHMC-150 Audio Sync Problems...still
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 8:27:10 pm

Hello,

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been posted, but I've searched alot and haven't found one extremely specific to my problem, although I have noticed this problem in general is causing lots of problems. Anyways, I just recently got an HMC150 and I shot a scene at PH 1080 24P. I moved the entire contents of the card onto my hard drive. Then I log and transferred those into Final Cut 6.0.5. When I watch this footage in the timeline, my audio goes really out of sync. I can't figure out why. I've done my best to make sure the timeline settings match the footage and experimented a lot with that but I can't figure anything out. I'm editing on a mac that updates quite often. If anyone has ANY advice for me it'd be greatly appreciated as I have a project due on Friday!

Thanks,
William Canino

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: HMC-150 Audio Sync Problems...still
by on Mar 3, 2009 at 2:31:30 pm

What's your sequence timeline? Are the clips in sync in the viewer?

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

William CaninoRe: HMC-150 Audio Sync Problems...still
by on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:00:01 am

The footage in the viewer plays in perfect sync. Do you mean my sequence settings? If so, it's 1080 24P I believe. I just know I changed it all around a bunch of times trying to match it, so I'm not sure if that is the problem. I shot at PH1080 24P. What should the sequence settings be? Or the timeline settings?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:13:17 am

The clips are in sync in the viewer. Timeline settings are 1080 24p, i believe. is that what you mean? I changed them around so many times trying to find what would work that I'm not sure anymore. What should those settings be if I shot PH1080 24P?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: HMC-150 Audio Sync Problems...still
by on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:30:49 am

should be 23.99 in your sequence.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 16, 2009 at 3:16:03 am

OK. So I STILL cannot get this to work. I haven't figured out how to change the frame rate to 23.99. Could you just tell me if I've log and transferred clips shot at PH 1080 24P, what exactly should all of my timeline settings be, before I drag the clips in (working in Final Cut 6)? Could you adjust them all for me and show me a screenshot or something? Frame size, editing timebase, compressor...all of that stuff. Nothing I've tried has worked so far. Any help would be awesome.

- Billy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]