Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Launching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Olly LawerLaunching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:16:03 pm

Hi,

I've been running a video production company for a couple of years on the side. All top of the range equipment (well it was :) - EX1, DV6, Letus Extreme etc etc. Had some great feedback. What i'm trying to say is that i'm not in the realms of 'shaky camera' poor quality amateur that I so often see under cutting my prices!

I've been made redundant and have until the 1st Dec until my 'day job' ends. I've always wanted to run my production company full time, but taking that leap from paid employment has not come easily. Now I am being pushed, its finally a reality. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared but equally excited.

Main business - corporate productions, but I think i'm going to branch into Weddings to keep the money rolling in. I'm also going to expand into the area of renting a camera and providing editing services. I never thought that later business model would work, but I have been proved wrong!

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. What are the best ways to advertise? Where? How should I structure my day? Are there any tips I need to be thinking about now to save me a bunch of time in the edit?

I know these are really general questions, but any advice would be appreciated. I was only working on my business for 3-4 days a month before and all my work comes from recommendations.

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinner hesterRe: Launching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please
by on Oct 1, 2011 at 10:14:21 pm

What are the best ways to advertise? Where?
How should I structure my day?
Are there any tips I need to be thinking about now to save me a bunch of time in the edit?

Don't advertise. Let your happy clients do that for you.

Structure your day in order of importance.

Shoot it yourself.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Olly LawerRe: Launching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 6:38:57 pm

Thanks,

I'm need to increase my customer base at first tho, so what type of customers am I best to target first? E.g. business types, hotels etc?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinner hesterRe: Launching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 4:51:04 pm

Who do you want to target? That's who ya spend time focusing on.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Olly LawerRe: Launching into my video production company full time - some advice needed please
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:03:03 pm

So just decide on what I fancy doing the most and target them, right?

I'm currently working on a huge project in which is a bit of a 'loss leader' for me. Namely, it is likely to give me some great exposure but I am not making much money out of it!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]