Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob AntonelliDelivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 12, 2011 at 3:01:43 pm

Hi. I've just started doing wedding videography on the side and want to provide my client with the best looking video. Most clients don't have Blu-Ray players. What's the best way to get my edited HD footage to the client in a way that they will enjoy the quality at home?

any help would be appreciated!

-bob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 13, 2011 at 11:10:30 am

Not HD.
HD upon request should be your policy. Otherwise you will give them files they can't play which will be perceived as defective.
Mike Cogen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob AntonelliRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 13, 2011 at 2:01:48 pm

ok, but all my equipment is in HD, do I just burn it to a standard? is there a lot of quality loss?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 13, 2011 at 3:05:49 pm

"Most clients don't have bluray players"

This is remedied with a 50 dollar purcase at Walmart now. YOU buy them a player, and add the cost into their bill.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinner hesterRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 15, 2011 at 4:04:39 pm

Mark FTW!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brent DunnRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 17, 2011 at 6:38:11 pm

By not delivering in HD on BluRay, you are doing a doing a disservice to your clients. I offer delivering on DVD as an option if they prefer. I used to package a BluRay player in the early days. If they don't have one, then encourage them to get one.

You can also deliver via Vimeo download. Then they can play it on their iPod or iPad and it saves you from making labels and shipping.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave HaynieRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on May 18, 2011 at 5:55:56 pm

I ran into the same problem back in the early DVD days. Clients wanted the best quality, I wanted to deliver the best quality. The easy solution: I provided the DVD player, and charged them for it. I made this clear: the DVD package included a DVD player guaranteed to work with the DVDs I create. They could opt out if they did not need this, but (particularly in the old days) I could not guarantee compatibility (though I did offer a DVD sample on request, so the customer could check out compatibility).

BD players are certainly at the point where an entry-level player can be provided as part of your HD package, with a rebate if they opt out. Heck, I've given BD players as birthday presents to several family members, just so I don't have to send them lower quality video, even for "just family" stuff.

-Dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael JohnstonRe: Delivering my HD Wedding Footage to the Client
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 7:27:27 am

Hmmm..,never thought of offering a Blu-ray player with the pkg. I just offer both with no additional charge for HD. I give them the option of purchasing a "Digital Copy" for use on their PC's, iPods, iPhones, etc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]