Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
CREATIVE COW:Feedback ForumAbout UsContact UsSupport Articles

surprised to see different posts when logged in

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike Smithsurprised to see different posts when logged in
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 8:50:09 am

Today I've been surprised to see different posts when logged in - specifically, in the corporate video forum, a whole thread disappears if I view logged in today compared to not logged in. If I disable third party cookies on your site (using webdeveloper in FF) the issue goes away - all the posts appear to become viewable again.

I have the same view options (View:New Today and View posts by Thread) selected, so it seems to be a third party cookie affecting post visibility ... strange.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ronald LindeboomRe: surprised to see different posts when logged in
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 3:39:08 pm

Hello Mike,

There is no issue, it is because I have worked with the team to develop a filter that allows us to feed posts to users of relatively-like levels of experience, etc.

This way, the many lazy people that will not use the search engine and ask the same question that was just asked three posts down from what they just posted, will not show to the more experienced users -- instead, they will show to the users from the middle to the lower level of experience. Thus, keeping our more experienced users from being buried in the same questions over and over.

Considering that we get 2 million users a month, it leaves at least a million users a month who are "qualified" to answer any question in the COW and questions are still being answered.

Consider it a pat on the back: our mechanism has assessed your "score" and determined that you are more experienced and so it is keeping you from some of the newer user traffic.

If you do not like it, you can go into your account settings and there is a control that allows you to see newbie/all posts. By default we are filtering, you can override it.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]