Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
CREATIVE COW:Feedback ForumAbout UsContact UsSupport Articles

Hi bovines! A few things.

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy GarchowHi bovines! A few things.
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:27:42 pm

Quoting system for iDevices. It seems to be a limitation of Spple mobile devices but is there some kinda way to implement a better quote system? I know it must be tough.

Also, blogging from the iPad is tough. You can start a blog, but if you gp to make a new page to find a link or do further research and return to the blog page, the page will refresh and everything written will be erased. I'm not sure if that's a function of the iPad or what. Perhaps it is.

What happened to the forum list?

If I am signed in, I click forums and it shows my favorites. That's cool. Then I want to expand out of my favorites so I click "list" and it shows my faves again. The only way to get a full listing is to click "categorical with descriptions" which is hard to read. Click anything else and it goes back to my fave list. Maybe there should be a separate "favorites" link along with "list", etc.?

Thanks y'all and as always, keep up the good work.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Abraham ChaffinRe: Hi bovines! A few things.
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:26:09 pm

Hello Jeremy,

These suggestions have been duly noted.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Quoting system for iDevices"

Some sort of visible quote button is probably in order rather than using the 'q' button. Have you seen any quoting systems for iDevices that seem to work pretty good?

[Jeremy Garchow] "Also, blogging from the iPad is tough. You can start a blog, but if you gp to make a new page to find a link or do further research and return to the blog page, the page will refresh and everything written will be erased. I'm not sure if that's a function of the iPad or what. Perhaps it is. "

The iPad doesn't really let things run in the background so when you leave and come back it refreshes. The 'Save Now' button can be added there to help. There's also the ability to post as a draft which saves the blog and lets you come back and edit it later.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Then I want to expand out of my favorites so I click "list" and it shows my faves again."

The new forum list honors the settings you have in your user preferences to show just your favorites. You're right though, there should be a way to quickly turn that off in the forum list, which will be added.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Hi bovines! A few things.
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:32:46 pm

[Abraham Chaffin] "Have you seen any quoting systems for iDevices that seem to work pretty good?"

On other forums, it's just a button. You do have to go in and delete the stuff you don't want quoted (say you want to quote one sentence of 150) but at least the formatting is correct. I know this is an iDevice limitation, so boo on me.

[Abraham Chaffin] " The 'Save Now' button can be added there to help."

That would work as it seems to be missing. Saving as draft, nice one. Didn't think of that.

[Abraham Chaffin] "You're right though, there should be a way to quickly turn that off in the forum list, which will be added."

Awesome. It wouldn't be so much a way to turn it off, as I like the favorites list, it's just hard to get to the full list when you need it without all the descriptions, know what I mean?

Thanks so much, Abraham.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:19:15 pm

You are an internet superstar.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: Hi bovines! A few things.
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 5:10:04 pm

When I am composing an especially long blog, I sometimes do it in Word or simply a text editor. That way I can save it offline, then copy and paste to the blog when I am ready.

When composing online, I have gotten into the habit of select-all, copy once in a while, knowing how web browsers like to time out, crash or likewise how easy it is to accidentally navigate away from a page.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 19, 2011 at 5:11:47 pm

Thanks, Mike. On a computer it's fine, it's just the iPad that causes some weirdness.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Abraham ChaffinRe: Hi bovines! A few things.
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 5:19:34 pm

Hello Mike,

The new blog creation page had an upgrade yesterday. When you are creating a new blog, the system will save automatically after you stop typing for 10 seconds or when you click the save now button. This will allow you to save and come back and finish the blog even from a different computer or device when you return to the blog creation page. The saved posts are stored for 3 days, if you save your blog as a draft you can save the draft indefinitely.

Abraham

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]