Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
CREATIVE COW:Feedback ForumAbout UsContact UsSupport Articles

Forum etiquette

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark LasloForum etiquette
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 9:21:31 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the creativecow community and am wondering if there is any kind of thread that shows forum etiquette - ex: starting new threads instead of replying to similar topics, bumping threads, or any kind of community rules.

I've really been impressed with the community as a new videographer and editor and I wanted to make sure that a) my questions get answered and b) that I am a positive member of the community and not an annoyance.

Thank you all for your help,
Cheers!
Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: Forum etiquette
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 2:07:36 am

I dont think there is but it would help. I can tell you that in the DVD authoring forums, we have the same questions asked every week. The number one rule should be search for your issue first before posting.

Another thing I see is people asking very basic or broad questions that are easily found in the manual or online. Questions like: "How do a make a menu for DVD?" or "Im trying to get this Quicktime into DVDSP and it doesn't work...any ideas?".

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Forum etiquette
by on Aug 10, 2010 at 3:24:06 am

Hey Mark,

I would also add that double posting across multiple forums doesn't go down well either. The whole idea behind the Cow is to engage and get involved, so don't only see it as a source of information, but also a place where you can give to other users.

All the Best
Mads
London, UK

Please don't to visit our new faceBook page here: http://www.facebook.com/MacMillionProductions

Mac Million Ltd. - HD Production & Editing
Blog: http://macmillionltd.blogspot.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]