Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Should I get the Panasonic GH2 or Canon XA-10 as a second camera for a film with an HMC-150?

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Noam OsbandShould I get the Panasonic GH2 or Canon XA-10 as a second camera for a film with an HMC-150?
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 2:18:31 am

I'm about to start a project where I'll be doing a lot filming on the road with traveling agricultural workers. I have a Panasonic HMC-150 which I like but I want something smaller I can use when on the move. I want something where the footage can match the HMC-150 so I can use footage from both in the same film.

I'm trying to decide between the GH2 or the Canon XA-10.

On the one hand, the GH2 has a larger sensor and gets a better image. On the other hand, there is no headphone jack so the only way I can check audio while filming is to getting something additional, a Beachtek or Zoom 4N. The Canon XA-10 on the other hand has XLR inputs and is not that much larger. Given the fact I'll be solo, I'm leaning towards that.

Thoughts on this? Should I reconsider? I'll be working on this project for the next couple years and I want it to look really good. I'm hoping it's a film that'll be good enough to shop around to TV and festivals, so part of me thinks I should go for the better image quality of the GH2.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]