Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Re: How to get this look?

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nathan McAlpineRe: How to get this look?
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:36:06 pm

I would recommend shooting CineStyle. CineStyle is a firmware update that Technicolor has created for the Canon DSLR's, and turns them into 16-bit color correctable images, rather than the 8-bit color correctable that comes out of the box. The film industry is buzzing big time about this free upgrade to the camera. It makes the images look a little flat when they come out of camera, but once ran through a color correction the images POP!

From there you can check out RedGiant software’s Magic Bullet LUT Buddy for stock looks that you can apply in FCP. I just completed a feature using this process. We created our own look in color, but did consider a couple of the stock looks.

Like I say, the color is very flat out of the camera but once the look is applied, it's awesome! I'd assume there is something similar to the look you're going for if you browse around.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/quicklooks/

~ Nate

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]