Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Re: Need to choose Camera

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth WeissRe: Need to choose Camera
by on May 6, 2009 at 7:23:58 am

My position is very simple Richard, side by side, it's softer than the other cameras Noah mentioned. So, whether the level of softness is acceptable or unacceptable, that's really a personal call. But anyone buying a $6500 camera should know what the heck they're getting, and if sharp images are meaningful to you and you're hoping to project your finished project, better compare, or you may be disappointed.

[Richard Herd] "I think shooting a doc on spec and deciding on camera for its cinema release qualities is way off-base, if not naive"

I think Dustin is just being frugal, and for all we know, he may be shooting the next Fahrenheit 411 or Supersize Me. And if so, I sure hope Dustin shoots it in focus with a camera that creates crisp images.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]