Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Considering the Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera!

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Meredith GooblesbyConsidering the Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera!
by on Dec 23, 2008 at 6:09:47 pm

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has tried this camera out but I am seriously considering purchasing it in the New Year, given that it can produce fantastic footage. The only problem as far as I can see is, if you followed / filmed a subject the camera does not autofocus, you have to manually focus on the subject. Bit of a pain.

I just keep thinking I love the film look, I will be able to use prime lenses with it, and because it is not very good with shakiness apparently; use a camcorder stabiliser with it. I just keep wondering what if I put all the effort in of upgrading my mac to 2gb suitable for HD footage and buy this camera and just find that I should have stuck around for the RED camcorder that will be coming out. But apparently with that one you need lots of accessories and someone told me at least 8tb storage space.

What do you think? For the moment I am sticking with my DV camera as I know that later I can transfer this with a lab to HD or film in case I want to show it on a cinema screen. I actually quite like the look of my panasonic gs230 it doesn't look bad on my monitor screen. I just don't want to blow £2,000 or so and find that the Canon camera is too difficult to use.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]