Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Oh The Humanity!!! 14 hours of Ken Burns out of sync

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth WeissOh The Humanity!!! 14 hours of Ken Burns out of sync
by on Sep 25, 2007 at 12:07:46 am

Dear Indie friends,

I've recorded the first five hours Ken Burns' THE WAR in HD on my DVR, only to find audio and video miserably out of sync for some unknown reason. Is it the fault of Ken Burns, KCET, the satelite company, the DVR? Who knows???

So, here I am, watching a 14 hour doco series, which, if Mr. Burns weren't so damned self-absorbed, probably could have been covered much more elegantly in a fraction of that time. And now I'm in a real quandry. Please, guys help me!!! I can't figure out what's worse, watching fourteen hours of the latest tired Ken Burns mega-epic, or watching fourteen hours of his latest mega-epic out of sync. Somebody, anybody, spare me, keep me from ruminating about this. Tell me please, which is the worse fate???

BTW, am I alone??? Is anyone else finding Ken Burns material to be even more pretentious than ever and downright overbearing???

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS