Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: KONA/FCP layoff problems

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SpanoRe: KONA/FCP layoff problems
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 2:58:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "What is your frame offset set to in your prefs?"

Set to 0 as per AJA.

[Jeremy Garchow] "What is your deck control set to in the capture preset?"

It was set to AJA KONA LH: 29.97 Sony A - been getting some better results due to another suggestion to try Sony B. Noting the only difference between the two is that the Capture Offset in Sony A is -1.5 and in Sony B is -2. I am now assuming that the Capture Offset is really a "TC Read Offset" and that the TC sense coming over 9-pin factors in both capture and edit to tape.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Have you calibrated the deck to fcp and vice-versa?"

I feel like I've done this a bunch of times with the A protocol - but since this problem is intermittent, I am never sure if it's right.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Is the same deck whne laying off also being fed to the input of the Kona?"

Yes.

I wish there was a clear explanation and setup procedure for using AJA's cards in conjunction with decks. I am thankful to have other people on the net who have come across the same issues as I have and have also figured out workarounds, but these things should be explicit in the manual - specifically how to achieve perfect frame-accurate captures and edits to tape, and how to factor delay times for up/down/cross-conversions. I've done a lot of my own research into these areas and every now and then am thrown off by a frame or fractions of.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]