Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Gamma in AE and FCP

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joel SlabaughGamma in AE and FCP
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 1:00:49 am

My problem is that displaying footage in FCP and the exact same footage in AE doesn't result in the same gamma. I've experimented with all different sorts of color management in AE including the Gamma legacy selection, color profiles (both REC 709 and REC 709 16-235), and footage interpretation but i can't match what i'm seeing in FCP.

I've searched around and only found info about quicktime color shifts in AE using Prores and DVCPro HD codecs but i can't find anything about how to match kona output in both AE and FCP. This seems to solve the problem of round trip color shifts but still leaves the problem of actually trying to make changes in after effects without guessing what they will look like in FCP.

I'm using a mac with a kona 3
Panasonic BT- LH2600W. FCP 6.0.6 and AE CS3 and the Kona 3 Control panel 7.5.1

I've also tried taking the Kona control panel off of auto and actually selecting the rec 709 color space and gamma in both programs but it didn't make it any better.

Any thoughts on how to get them on the same page would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: also i can't seem to get the 1080psf 23.98 10 bit RGB output profile in after effects to work. It shows up scrambled on the Panasonic monitor... Tips on this would also help. Who knows maybe they are related!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]