Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

dropped frames, slow raid write rates

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Longodropped frames, slow raid write rates
by on Jun 28, 2009 at 6:31:07 pm

Hi Folks.

I have a dual 2.7 G5 with a Kona LH card, breakout box, and an 8 drive Sata Raid. I used this system a couple of years ago to online an HDCAM project and it worked perfectly.

THis weekend I tried to digitize some uncompressed HDCAM footage into FCP and inexperienced dropped frames. I tried it using the Kona capture application and had the same problems. I erased everything on my Raid array, so I have 2TB of free storage. When I ran the AJA system test without the "Simultaneous KONA DMA" box checked, I get write rates of 160mb/sec and read rates of 215 mb/sec. When I check the "Simultaneous KONA DMA" box those rates drop to Write 44mb/s and read 98mb/s.

Any thoughts?

With those slow write rates it's impossible to import any HDCAM into my system without dropped frames.

POwermac G5 Dual 2.7

Jason

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]