Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Kona and Magic Bullet Looks

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john kerrRe: Kona and Magic Bullet Looks
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 9:01:26 pm

Well, I feel this turned into a game of telephone, where my original quote has taken a sharp left and been misinterpreted.

Our policy is that we only support 2 brands: ATi and Nvidia http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/compatibility/video-cards/

As for Kona [Mac], Matrox [Win], etc., I never meant to infer that you must "remove" a card, however, if you have 2 cards in conjunction showing output at the same,i.e. and Nvidia 8800gtx and any other card-- there WILL be a DIFFERENCE in output.

Secondly:
"They told me that it wasn't worth their time to configure it for AJA or BM cards since 95% of their users use the computer monitor, and don't need a video card. I found that hard to believe!"

Bob, I very much remember this conversation and the opposite was stated. We very much knew that we were releasing a product that does not support real-time accurate Color Correction preview when connected to a 3rd party card and monitor outside of the Nvidia Ati environment, and it is one of our priorities in our next release to pull the GPU requirement from the plugin, as Walter can attest to, as he was frustrated with this from the offset as well. You asked me when we will get this out and I told you it was actually in pre-beta now.

I did state that 95% [my guess] use it without so we made a painful decision we knew would cause some heat for v1.

I apologize if there was a mis-communication, and if anyone knows more than I in regards to this particular set up, I would love the feedback, the information, and to make sure my team is giving out the right information.

John Kerr
Red Giant Software

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]