Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Bad FCP Capture while Simultaneous capture with EyeTV WRONG, right?

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ted GriffisBad FCP Capture while Simultaneous capture with EyeTV WRONG, right?
by on Feb 5, 2008 at 12:52:48 pm

Okay, I am doing some work for a client, helping them get their FCP system back up ad running properly. I don't have complete specs as of yet, but am curious if anyone has any insight to the concept of what is going on.

Here is the scoop:
They have EyeTV running constantly in the background on a recording schedule and are trying to capture in FCP at DVCPro50 29.97 via a Kona LHe card on a new Mac Pro. Capturing does not work, FCP says that there are time code breaks, when it appears there shouldn't be any.

To me, from the start, this set up strikes me as wrong. To my knowledge QT is not capable of capturing from two different sources and pieces of software at the same time. There are potentially other factors at bay (ie: I believe they are on FCP 6.0.1) however, the question is, is it possible to do this? Does anyone have any experience with this as a working setup?

Can you capture from EyeTV and FCP via Kona at the same time? I'm not so sure.

Thanks for the help, and I apologize for the FCP and Kona cross post.
Ted

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]