Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: monitor hd on a WEAK bdget

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tcurrenRe: monitor hd on a WEAK bdget
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 11:18:59 pm

[Shane Ross] "But by the time the show gets compressed, sent over the airwaves, and shows up on Pa Kettle's TV in Kentucky...or MY TV in Los Angeles...it won't look close to what you saw in the online bay."

That is not the point of a reference monitor. The point is to make sure that your show looks exactly the way you want it whether you work in one of my bays or a bay in NY.

The shows that grandma watches should be all be off by the same amount on her system. The shows that you watch on your TV should also be off by the same amount. your eye adjusts to your TV, so all the programs will seem right to you.

With your concept of "who cares it is going to look like crap at the end", none of us have a fighting chance of getting any consistency in our programs.

[Shane Ross] "The BEST? No. Good...workable...accurate? Yes."

I could easily prove to you that they aren't accurate, but you obviously didn't read my post. For starters, how do you adjust the backlight to 6504 Kelvin? Do you know why that is important?

I never said you have to change what you are doing, that is your world. I just said that you can't cheaply make an LCD look and behave like a CRT. If you want to argue that point, answer the points I made in my post. Otherwise you are just obfuscating the issue.

Terence Curren
http://www.alphadogs.tv
http://www.digitalservicestation.com
Burbank,Ca

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy