Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: How difficult is Final Touch to learn?

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David BattistellaRe: How difficult is Final Touch to learn?
by on Feb 5, 2006 at 3:40:47 am

I am not sure about the software learning curve, it might be a bit dense but I am sure one can get around the controls, etc.

What you can not do in a short period of time is gain the experience of a what a good colorist brings to the table. It's a bit like setting up a pro tools room and saying you are a sound mixer. Sure you ahve protools and you can push faders, but do you understand the frequency response of the sounds in your mix and how to really make dialog punch over effects and music. Do you get the density of the sound and how deep it reaches into the picture. You see where I am going with this.

You could learn the software and it will deepen your understanding of the effects of color, but will it bring the best to your film, maybe not on the first project you sit down to do, but probably over time.

David

OK. I'm taking the Steelers, 23-21 !

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]