Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Firewire RAID and G4- Known ISSUES?

COW Forums : Aurora Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

CofeRe: Firewire RAID and G4- Known ISSUES?
by on Jul 14, 2005 at 6:40:01 am

Sorry that you going through all this drama!
last thought and this is a painful one is to reinstall your system.
if you do, stick with a lower Panther version (10.3.5) as FCP4.1 doesn't need 10.3.9 or QT7.
I can only say that 10.3.5/QT6.5.2/FCP4.5 was running very smoothly with the Igniter and DV footage.
And I don't mean that only an engineer got it running (I'm not one of them)
OSX is really tricky just by the way you install and update it.
I always do clean installs in the following order: OSX retail version (Panther/10.3), then update with combo updater to whatever version you want to go (10.3.5/you get them from the Apple support site)
then install FCP and then the Igniter drivers (6.4.2 worked very well for me). Maybe wait w. other non Apple apps until you sure its working now! This way you eliminate the 3rd party issues (if there any)

People have all sorts of problems using different hardware w. FCP (firewire-dv the same as using 3rd party videoboards from all suppliers). Its no comfort for your situation as such, but go through the different boards here on the cow, and you'll see all sorts of things you will never encounter. That's the basic problem of a system made up of component from diff parties.

I wouldn't blame the Igniter as such because if your problem would be the norm, Aurora wouldn't be here anymore. And consider the possibilty that the Igniter is faulty if you bought it from 3rd party (though I would do the other steps first)

Hope you get through this quickly.
Cofe

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]