Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Tiger MetaLAN with FCP systems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Tiger MetaLAN with FCP systems
by on Jun 7, 2008 at 3:17:55 pm

This is my opinion, and let me repeat, this is my opinion, and not based on any fact or experience.

VStor from Apace Systems seems like a fantastic turnkey system. Apace is very aggresive with pre sales info, and seems like they will give great after sale support in helping you get it setup. They have a "starter system" for $8000. Although I have never tested it, I would bet you money, that you dont' take it out of the box, plug in your ethernet cables, turn it on, and "voila !", shared storage. But with that said, I am sure that Apace Systems will be there with you every step of the way. This is apparantly what happened with Chris Blair on the SANNetworks Cow forum, who had a great VStor experience. I can say nothing but positive things about Apace Systems from what I know so far.

As for an iMAC as a workstation, sure, it should work just fine if you dont' treat it like a MAC Pro tower, and dont' expect perforance from it. Same with a laptop like a MAC Book Pro. If it's got a dedicated ethernet port, and you have something else to capture with, it will probably work just fine. But don't take my word for it, as I never tried it.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]