Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Tiger MetaLAN with FCP systems

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Tiger MetaLAN with FCP systems
by on Jun 6, 2008 at 10:26:40 pm

let me make one thing perfectly clear about this system. This is not a "box" that you go out and buy, and plug in your MAC's and all of a sudden, you have shared storage. This is a system that needs to be BUILT by a QUALIFIED dealer, or IT computer person. You will not be able to do this by yourself, and you will not be able to figure it out by simply asking questions like this on Creative Cow. And no, there is no "easy setup" guide.

To answer your question - I have no idea if iMacs would work, but they probably would, if they are used as "edit stations" only, with NO DRIVES, and no capture cards. You still need the MAC Pro as the server and a big fast expensive disk drive, (and the switch, and software).

No one is going to just "come in and plug in their laptop" without you paying for a licensed copy of MetaLAN client software, and have someone configure the "server" to "add" this new user.

I guess I will repeat over and over - this ain't no "plug and play" system, and neither is any SAN on the market. Anyone that tells you this is deceiving you (to my knowlege).

bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]