Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

DVCProHD to SD DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dov YellinDVCProHD to SD DVD
by on Mar 1, 2008 at 8:09:48 pm

Hey All,

I've been having a strange issue with Compressor trying to convert a DVCProHD program to standard Mpeg2 for DVD. I'm using a MacPro w/Leopard, FCP 6.0.2, newest version of Compressor.

I have three 54 minute programs to put onto SD DVDs. There is an AJA Kona 3 card in the machine, but I do not have a stand alone DVD recorder. For 2 of 3 shows, I was able to use Compressor to go straight from a stand-alone video file to Mpeg2 (at the Best 60 minute setting, 6-9 bit rate range, progressive, everything at highest quality) in roughly 7-8 hours. Not exactly quick, but it worked overnight and the resulting video looked pretty good.

But the 3rd one, for a reason I can't fathom, consistently claims it will take 30-40 hours, and when left to run its course, did actually take over 40 hours. Why is this? All the settings and file types were identical to the previous 2 attempts that did work. I chalked it up to the new Compressor being "not quite ready for primetime', but is there a different way to get this done?

If I had a stand-alone DVD recorder (unlikely I will get one just for one DVD) I could hook up to the AJA Kona 3, what is the workflow for laying it off in real-time?

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]