Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: workflow riddle: 24p to 29.97 to 24 p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sean ONeilRe: workflow riddle: 24p to 29.97 to 24 p
by on Sep 24, 2007 at 2:54:43 am

[Byrd Mcdonald] "1) What is the best way for me to output to digi-beta an sd timeline that originated in DVC ProHD 720p 24n timeline? Transcoding through compressor? Re-mastering an SD timeline of the same footage and laying that to tape?

2) When I bring this 10 minutes back into my machine, what is the best way to make that footage place nice with the other 70 minutes of the feature, which are, again, DVC PRO HD 720p 24n??

3) Is the big missing component for me a Kona card or other such thing that would downconvert via hardware in real time?"

I agree with Shane and David. But I'll answer your questions. Hardware downconversion is where it's at. So yeah, the Kona card is what you are missing. It's the best option without a doubt.

If you have FCP5 you can drop the

After Effects absolutely provides the best scaling quality for software. But does it automatically convert the color space (709 to 601)? I don't think it assumes these things for you.

Final Cut 6 and Compressor are loaded design mistakes in regards to video conversion. And the scaling within FCP is not very good (turning on "Best" in the sequence settings helps, but it's still not great).

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]