Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Digital Heaven OPINION

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob FloodRe: Digital Heaven OPINION
by on Aug 23, 2006 at 3:53:54 pm

Walter et al

the big deal with 40 bucks is its 40 bucks. (this is not my opinion, because i agree with you), but in most cases once you have budgeted for an edit system with gear, the bean counters consider the issue closed. ie we can carve out 10 to 20 thou for FCP/g5/2tb raid (approx numbers, mileage may vary) but spending $40 here and $30 there screws up the accounting.

so now some will say "charge it to the job!" i wish it were that simple. even a 40 dollar expediture has to be so totally necessary that no amount of time (read unpaid overtime) can acheive the desired result ie why use Big Time when i can "take the time" and render my movie with a FCP TC window? its kinda like "i only need to put an engine in my car when i am going up a lot of hills, otherwise i will just push it along, even though its takes longer to get there"

again,this is not the way i would do it.

i would certainly welcome any suggestions towards dealing with this mentality, other than quitting, as i have to deal with this every day

bee eph

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]