Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: OT - video file deliverables

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph OwensRe: OT - video file deliverables
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 4:47:38 pm

[Paul Dougherty] "-they implied they do not have that kind of expertise in-house.. which can't be true."

Oh, its true. Really creative people have been known to make a virtue of having no technical foundation.

Anyway, yah, hitting the same issues... H264 is taking over for what they want for their desktops and streams. Many over-the-net distributors insist on XDCam MXF deliveries, which is not much better than a so-so BluRay, but its going to have the hell compressed out of it anyway so that it fits on the broadcasters' servers. ProRes would be the "glass master" that you may as well keep. And I hear "Uncompressed" at least as I used to know it, less and less but now the ProRes QT is the one that is regarded as "Uncompressed".

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]