Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Tools similar to Levelator?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill CelnickTools similar to Levelator?
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 5:46:38 pm

Hello

I'm editing the speech portion of a wedding reception (FCP 7.03) where the speakers were provided with a wireless handheld mic, and at times spoke directly into the mic, other times it was at chest level, or elsewhere away from the speakers mouth, giving a very inconsistent, annoying result of words trailing away while others are loud. Manually lowering or raising the gain also lowers or raises the background, and is equally unpleasant to listen to. The original audio is a combination of a digital recording from the DJ's mixer, and camera mic audio.

I've exported an aiff file of that portion of my movie, and ran it through Levelator, hoping to make the sound more consistent. The problem is that it gives me a file 7 seconds longer than my original exported file, and impossible to sync with the video and original sound.

I did find a forum for Levelator, but it's not accepting new members, and its been inactive for two years. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of something else that may work - maybe something in Soundtrack Pro or Adobe Auditon.

Thank you.

Bill

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]