Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

automatic duck / protools import workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

irene litapopautomatic duck / protools import workflow
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 8:57:19 pm

I'm trying to bring OMFs from protools into FCP 7.

Before people yell at me that my workflow is bad (I've read through some pretty rude old threads where people yell at filmmakers that they should never want to bring import an OMF -only export after picture lock), I should explain that I have a very collaborative remote process with my sound designer, and I am very creatively involved in thinking about sound decisions with her. Basically I send her rough draft video sequences out of FCP, she puts then in Pro Tools and brainstorms / makes a rough sound design sketch... and what I would like would be to be able to pull the OMF back into Final Cut so that I can play through / tweak individual tracks and sounds separately instead of just having a single mixed down aiff. This is just how we work together - lots of back and forth - so please don't shout at me about this.

So... I've installed automatic duck and am trying to test out how it works to import an OMF, but am running into some problems (which makes me think I don't understand the process well enough yet - I don't really work with Pro Tools myself, so there's probably stuff I'm not understanding).

First, when I do the import, it tells me "The frame rate of the selected sequence preset
was inconsistent with the frame rate of the selected file." What do I need to do to fix this? And how do I even find out what the framerate of the OMF file is?

And, second, when after it does the import anyhow, all the audio files are offline. So... I guess just having my sound designer send the OMF isn't enough? Does she also need to send me media files to relink? When I work with her I just send her an OMF and that seems to work for her, but on my end it's not working.

Thanks for any advice...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]