Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: How to View Voice Over Recording Markers/Slates on a WAV file in FCP 6??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brad ElliottRe: How to View Voice Over Recording Markers/Slates on a WAV file in FCP 6??
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:43:18 pm

From within FCP you can export a xml of an audio file with markers and re-import it into another project with the markers intact.

I am not aware of a audio recording application that can embed this info in a wav and have it read by FCP.

I have never gotten separate files from a remote VO session or any TC notes. I just get sent everything recorded. I would ask the talent to send you any notes they may have made.

When we do this the producer(or person directing the VO) is responsible for keeping track of the good takes. The producer will then tell the editor that take 17, part of 19 and the last part of 33 are the ones to use.
Did the VO talent slate the takes?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]