Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Client choosing time code for rough cut - Fastest method?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob AccettulloClient choosing time code for rough cut - Fastest method?
by on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:07:54 pm

I have a client with 25+hours of raw documentary footage. He's not an editor but he wants to create an edit decision list for me so I can easily rough cut his documentary in FCP. My client is willing to help me and he has an IMac. In an effort to save time on this very long project, I need the quickest way to get this rough cut to the FCP timeline. And I know someone has done this before :)

The question is two fold.....

1) Should I have him use QuickTime player and submit to me written TC values? OR BETTER...

2) Is there a method of having him use say IMovie or another app/software that is basic enough for the non skilled that may make my job easier. I don't work with time code often enough to know what is best here and need a little advice.

Thanks in advance!!!

Bob Accettullo

Bob Accettullo Films
Boston

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy