Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Converting HD Video for Video On Demand - Bad Quality Loss - Advice please!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff MeyerRe: Converting HD Video for Video On Demand - Bad Quality Loss - Advice please!
by on Jun 12, 2012 at 7:02:40 am

Compression is all about finding the balance between quality loss and file size.

I would target something like:
Export to Quicktime
Compression: H.264 (multipass if you have the time)
I would use the Limit Bitrate option instead of the Quality slider. It'll give you a file size estimate. I would start at 8mbps for 720 or 25mbps for 1080. Depending on the complexity of your footage and the need for quality you can adjust up or down to taste.
Sound: MPEG-4 AAC, Stereo, Auto, 192kbps
Frame Size - I would leave it at unscaled, but if you're at 1080 you can shave off a lot of size by dropping to 720.
Frame Rate - Don't type one in and it will be unchanged.
Interlaced scaling should be OFF
Deinterlace video should be on if your source is 1080i, otherwise it should be off.

Remember, if you're testing for quality you can work with a sample of the video instead of ten minutes. Pick a portion with a lot of motion in the frame.

When you find settings you like, save a preset.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]