Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Question about exporting XML

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris JonesQuestion about exporting XML
by on May 3, 2012 at 6:42:47 pm

(I posted this under the Davini forum originally - but thought maybe the problem I'm having might be what I'm doing (or not doing) in FCP)

This is what I'm trying to do:

1) Create proxy ProRes files in Resolve from original DPX files.

a. [In Resolve] I'm using Scene Detection to split 5 min DPX clips into the different takes within the clip and doing a simple grade for each take.
b. I'm then Rendering out ProRes files for each of the split takes to a new folder.

2) I am then renaming the new clips(files) to its Scene-Shot-Take name: For example: from 164884 to 48C_01_01

3) [Then in FCP7] I'm editing the shots and exporting an XML.

4) [Then back in Resolve] I'm trying to import the original DPX source files for final grading.

But this is what is happening:

When I load the XML and navigate to the folder with the source DXP files Resolve tells me all the newly named files can't be found.

I thought XML linked to the Timecode? I figured as long as I navigated Resolve to the correct folder. It would find the correct timecode and load the correct DPX.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]