Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Music changes after duplicating sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Danielle WarrenMusic changes after duplicating sequences
by on May 3, 2012 at 1:26:04 pm

Hey all,
I've noticed this problem every now and then. I'll be working away on a cut, send off to the client, get changes back, then duplicate the last sequence I was working on and go from there. What's odd is that somehow the music gets all screwy in the new sequence even though nothing has changed.

Screwy might be a bad term, but basically the music will be playing, and looks fine in the waveform, but it suddenly plays a totally different part of the song then what it should. When that happens, I have to go back to the original music file in FCP and re-cut it in that spot. So it's only the track in the sequence that gets messed up, not the original file. It's so completely bizarre. I have no idea why that happens or what causes it, and it doesn't happen all the time. But the problem is, I always have to check the music is ok with each new sequence and that's time consuming. Duplicating shouldn't screw anything up.

Anyone have any thoughts or experienced this themselves? Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]