Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: ProRes 422 or HDV 1080/60i?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew KimeryRe: ProRes 422 or HDV 1080/60i?
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:10:13 am

Doing the HDV to ProRes capture, IIRC, only gives you Capture Now functionality, strips out the original TC, and gives you 1440x1080 ProRes files. I only mention the last part because in the past I've had odd issues with'thin raster' ProRes files (which were fixed be re-exporting that offending clips at full raster then cutting them back into the timeline). I didn't do extensive testing, so maybe it was just dumb luck, but I got the feeling that ProRes is 'expected' to be full raster and it was the thin raster that was the source of my problems.

I've done the HDV or XDCAM EX in a ProRes sequence workflow on dozens of TV shows w/o problems of note that I can remember. I feel like it's getting the best of both worlds.

Just another opinion to think about.

-Andrew

2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy