Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

.mov Won't Open but Has File Size

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jessica Muth.mov Won't Open but Has File Size
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:40:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this since there is not fourm for just Quicktime .mov, so I picked the closest thing.

I have mutliple .mov that are of various file sizes, ranging from 30 MB to over 200 MB. These files will NOT open in any software. I have tried these software:

Quicktime Player Pro 7 (Mac & PC)
Quicktime Player X
MPEG Stream Clip (Mac & PC)
VLC Player (Mac & PC)
Final Cut Pro 7
Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5 (Mac)
Sony Vegas HD 10
Avid Media Composer 5 (Mac)
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Media Player
ConverterLite
Arcosft MediaImpression HD

I have tried to opent the file in VLC Player to read a codec type and this is what I get:

It also says the duration is 00:00, but the file size, again ranges from 30 MB to 200 MB.

I have also received a video file that the person was able to "fix" from one of the original files that won't open. It is a Ambarella AVC Encoder. I can get this file to play Final Cut, Premiere, VLC Player, Quicktime, etc. This is the file that works:

What stumps me is that on the Quicktime Player Pro 7 inspector, it states "Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera." I have researched that when the Zi8 cameras first came out (and if they are still around, I don't know because I don't keep track of this) that Kodak had users use the software Arcosoft MediaImpression. So I downloaded this software and tried to import the footage and that doesn't work.

I have also tried just changing the extension to .mpeg or .avi just to see if the obvious would trigger something, and nothing. I receive no information in Windows Explorer or Finder regarding the file specs.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get these files to work? The client did somehow, but they, of course, don't know what they did and they don't have the original camera to provide us to research even more.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]