Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Workflow and best practise for projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris ShawWorkflow and best practise for projects
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:21:09 pm

Hi guys,

Im working on a project at the moment in Final Cut. It involves about 3 hours worth of footage which has been edited up into 3-4 5 minute videos. It was all filmed in a Canon 5D Mk II and obviously Im using FCP to edit it in.

Im a motion graphic designer so filming has been a newish thing for me and I did a lot of research into the best way to go about tackling this project. The way I did it was take the footage from the 5D and use compressor to convert it to ProRes 422 for editing. The trouble is the project folder for everything is half a TB. Am I doing something wrong? It seems pretty huge for one project. I'm in the process of moving the RAW footage from the camera to an additional external hard drive, so that will save a huge amount of space. Once the projects complete and signed off do I delete the huge 422 transcoded files or do I keep them? Deleting them would save space but then if the client comes back in the future I'd be screwed.

Anyway any hints or tips would be amzing.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Motion graphics - Animation - Video

http://www.shaw-media.co.uk

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy