Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Workflow and playback for Uncompressed 10-bit is choppy on my Mac Pro.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt LyonRe: Workflow and playback for Uncompressed 10-bit is choppy on my Mac Pro.
by on Mar 4, 2012 at 4:23:42 am

[David Roth Weiss] "BTW, all the great stuff you discovered about FCP time-stamping audio files makes you a techno force to be reckoned with, so I certainly don't doubt your technical chops one bit. I just think you might be assuming that ProRes is less friendly than it really is."

Thanks David. Don't worry, I have a thick skin and am always happy to learn something new :-)

I realized I was quoting my info based on Apple's system requirements page for ProRes. But that was for HD playback, so yeah, SD ProRes on non Intel hardware is a different can of worms.

But that being said, this post by Gary Adcock seems to suggest that there are quality losses when playing ProRes on non Intel hardware:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1024925

Whereas, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case with uncompressed 10 bit material.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]