Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Technique for smooth animation in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael JonesTechnique for smooth animation in FCP
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 11:06:00 pm

Anyone have any suggestions on how to animate an object and have it land smoothly as opposed to an abrupt stop? The main issue I'm having is that I'm animating a nested clip. I'm animating using 'Center' in the 'Motion' tab. 'Center' does not allow for an 'ease in/ease out' or 'smooth' feature (when I right-click on the 'center' keyframe, I don't get either option). And even when I can use those functions, the object lands smoothly, but always seems to shift in position before landing. I tried alleviating that shift with the bezier handles, but not with much success. It seems like a really simple thing that shouldn't be so complicated, and I see other people's work where they're able to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Am I missing something basic?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]