Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: My Life in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth WeissRe: My Life in FCP
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 8:23:09 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Don't read what others, (which of course includes this post), are saying and take it as gospel. It's silly to keep spreading this craziness when one hasn't even taken a look to see what's there, instead of hearing about what isn't. "

I have X right here on of those partitions I told everyone to create. So, don't suggest that I'm blindly commenting on this subject.

I'm not sure what's coming down the pike, but I'm not discounting that Apple or their 3rd party partners will deliver lots of cool stuff eventually.

However, like Shane, I'm not at all pleased that Apple has seen fit to change the entire vernacular of the established 100-year-old business that I work in, and I happen to think that's a very big deal.

And, as I mentioned, I strongly suspect that this model may not be better. As I said, it may not ultimately work in tune with the way we are hardwired to perceive events in time.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]