Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: My Life in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: My Life in FCP
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:47:14 pm

[Rob Tinworth] "My point is that the very mind set - one central project - one timeline - keywords - is not geared towards documentary work."

I don't see it this way; taking your example of Avid and running with it. Avid stores bins and timelines separately, doesn't it? So now, does FCPX. Perhaps they are called "Events" and "Projects" instead of "Bins" and "Timelines", but they are now separated from the project, just like the beloved Avid. So before we all start spreading (and reading) the misinformation that has come out about FCPx, I would encourage you to use it and form your own judgement. I understand people being pissed at Apple. I think it's mostly about the lack of FCP7 support and availability moving forward and backward FCP7 project compatibility. There's a lot of projects that we unearth every year to make updates. It is now going to be that much harder to get that done. But it would be hard anyway if we switch NLEs. I look at FCPx as a new NLE, so no matter what, we are starting over no matter what we do.

If you ask me, if Apple decided that they were going to completely start over with FCP, then what they did was smart. Release it hobbled so that not everyone can upgrade automatically to their existing infrastructure. This will get people used to a new interface and squash bugs. This will allow developers time to wrap their heads around the new APIs and it will also give some time to play with it before Lion is released, which in my guesstimate, is what is really holding back FCPx at this time. For better. For worse.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]